Hello and welcome! It's Angie here today with some fun snowmen cards made with Joy Clair's Cozy Snowmen Wishes. I love snowmen stamps and these cute guys are just my favorite! Here's how I made this card:
1) Stamp the snowmen out on white card stock and then cut them with the cut files from Joy Clair with my Scan n Cut. (You can also fussy cut with scissors them if you prefer.)
2) Stamp the snowmen on plaid paper so you can paper piece the parts you want to. (I did some of the hats, scarfs and shirts.)
3) Color parts of the snowmen that you don't use paper piecing on.
4) Mask off a straight line and ink the top of a piece of cardstock with Distress Oxide Inks in Evergreen Bough and Tumbled Glass.
5) When it's dried, swipe Versamark ink over the blue section and then add glittery clear embossing powder.
6) Heat embossing powder till melted and set aside to cool off.
7) Cut the panel with two different sized rectangle dies.
8) Stamp the sentiment on top panel (before you put it together) and add the snowmen on either side.
9) Add the biggest panel to the card base with adhesive, I used glue.
10) Pop up the top panel on foam tape, add a few snowflake sequins, and you are done!
Here's a closer look:
It's hard to see the glitter of the blue section but in real life it is VERY sparkly! Don't you just love that sentiment with the snowflake for the "o" in snow? So cute.
Here's a second card I made with the same set:
The main difference is I used dark gray card stock for the background instead of inking one. I cut that gray card stock with a snowy background die from my stash. I also cut snow drifts out of white card stock with scissors and added them to the bottom. No paper piecing on this one, just colored with Zig Clean Color Markers. And on these snowflakes I added silver Nuvo drops in the snowflake centers and in the snow dots on the back panel.
I love this sentiment from the Joy Clair Cozy Snowmen Wishes set "angel kisses" - so sweet! Here's another look:
If you are interested in my supplies, I have them all linked on my blog HERE. (Those and the blue links here are affiliated links - no extra cost to you.)
I wanted to share with you also some "custom stamps" I had made from Joy Clair with my logo on it. I had a logo made a few years back by a graphic artist and Joy Clair turned it into 2 different stamps and and return address stamp for me. Here's a look at them. I use the bigger two on the back of my cards:
And here is the smaller return address one they made for me - I blocked out my address for privacy, but you can see the smaller logo on the top.
I hope you are staying warm and cozy in these winter months and have a wonderful holiday season!
Thanks so much for stopping by!