To get all the information about Joy Clair WCMD 2018 CLICK HERE.
Hello there Joy Clair friends! It's Kerry and friends here and I'm ready to share a fun new challenge for World Cardmaking Day. Are you ready? Let's get started!
I was assigned the challenge of "SMOOSHING" and well, as many of you already know, I don't follow directions well (I get distracted and take my own little journey), so my "SMOOSHING" may be a bit different than the "SMOOSHING" you're used to so BE PREPARED, BE VERY PREPARED! Ha ha!
Anyway, you'll need a few supplies to accomplish this task:
1. Gel Press/Gelli Plate or some Jello (I haven't tried Knox Jello but I think it'll work!)
2. Distress ink reinkers (at least three colors-but I used four)
3. A piece of cheap white cardstock.
5. Card base, panels and embellishing elements.
To start things off, drop a few tiny drops of reinker onto the Gel Plate (I used Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint, Fossilized Amber and Spiced Marmalade). SMOOSH the clear plastic from your stamp set onto this ink to spread it around. Once you are done and it is all spread around, stamp your stamp over the ink to lift some ink and leave the stamp impression. Next, lay the white cardstock over the panel and press it flat. Lift it up and you will be left with a gorgeous colored background with hints of owl images peeking out here and there. You can add additional ink using this same method until you are satisfied with the design. I added more stamped owls with black ink to help my design.
Next, you can splatter a bit of black ink/reinker/acrylic paint onto the panel. This will give additional dimension and depth to your panel. After that, apply some stamped elements (and some hand-cut bats) and any embellishments you wish! Mount this panel onto another panel and then onto your card base and Poof! You're done!
Isn't the background deeeelish?! Love it! I hope this project inspires you to SMOOSH your heart out and get INKY today!
Now let me introduce three great friends and designers from around the world that joined with me the Smooshing Challenge. Like you and me, they love Joy Clair Stamps. They are Jessica Kaiser, Ceal Pritchett and Helen Gullet. Please click over each name to see all the details about their cards.
Check out the "Rules" for our WCMD challenges:
1. We want everyone to be able to play in the challenge so you can use ANY stamps you have in your collection (although we would love to see Joy Clair products used!)
2. All of the challenge will be up until next Sunday so take your time and enjoy this process!
3. If you are unable to participate, that's ok! Comment on our posts. We will be awarding a prize to a randomly selected commenter who hangs out with us on all of our challenges.
4. Add your link to the appropriate Inlinkz Link-up tool for that post. You may enter as many times as you wish while the challenges are open.
5. Each challenge will contain a prize opportunity and we'll choose a winner from all entries posted.
Have some FUN!
Winners of all the challenges will be announced as usual on a Joy Clair Blog post on Tuesday, October 31.
We REALLY want to reward those who enter multiple challenges. The crafters who enter a different card for at least FOUR of the challenges and mark your entry with JCGP, will be entered into a pool to have a chance to win a fabulous GRAND PRIZE!
SIX STAMP SETS FROM THE JOY CLAIR STORE!