I started the process by added some of the acrylic paints using brayers, bubble warp, and palette knife. Using these tools is a fun way of creating layers of background with some texture.
After the acrylic paint dried, I added the creme and grey burlap papers on the page. But before that, I pulled some of the thread of for the fry look edges on the burlaps strips. I added them on the page with strong dries clear adhesive glue.
Next step is, while I was waiting for the glue to dry on those burlaps, I stamped the sentiment on a piece of watercolored paper that I had in stash. I used Black Archival Ink on this panel. I set it aside to dry.
And then I stamped the phone booth image from Call On The Lord stamp set with dark blue dye ink on a white cardstock. After that I fussy cut it with micro-tip scissors.
I then added the sentiment quote panel on top of the burlap strips using the same strong dries clear adhesive glue. I found natural/gold frame die cut in my stash, I added it on the page with 3D foam tape.
Next, I added the phone booth on the frame with the same adhesive glue, and I stamped couple of the phone images with Black Dye Ink, fussy cut them, and added them on the top of the frame for extra embellishments.
Final step, I stamped the telephone image on the left bottom corner of the page with Black Archival Ink pad.
And my art journal is finished. Honestly bright colors and layers are out of my comfort zone but I am so glad that I took a step out of that comfort zone. And with art journaling, it goes with the flow and the result always unexpected.
I hope you enjoy this blog post and inspired to create something today!