The theme this month is “embossing”, I decided to do dry embossing. I love dry embossing. I have dozens of embossing folders and I really think using an embossing folder makes your card or project really stand out. Dry embossing is a really easy technique that can add a lot of “wow” to your card. There are so many different folders; there are A2 size folders, 5x7 folders, and 6x6 folders (I’m sure there are other’s that I have not mentioned). You basically create a raised design (or a depression) on the surface of cardstock by molding it to a form. You use a platform that sandwiches the embossing folder, just follow the directions on whatever machine you use. The other type of embossing is called heat embossing and it also creates a raised design, but it’s a completely different look and technique.
There are several machines out there that you can use with your embossing folder. I use a "Big Shot” made by Sizzix. There are other machines, just to name a couple there is a “Cuttlebug” made by Cricut and Tim Holtz has a machine called a Vagabond which is also made by Sizzix.
Here is my card:
Here is how I put my card together:
- A2 card 4 1/4 x 5 1/2,
- The pink layer is 4 x 5 ¼,
- I embossed hearts are from the Lifestyle Sweetheart embossing folder (which is sold by We R Memories now),
- The ground that the Dino’s are standing on is cut from the Lawn Fawn stitched Hillside Borders,
- I stamped and cut the Dino’s out with my silhouette and colored them with copics,
- I die cut the heart from Gina Marie’s stitched heart set,
- I added my sentiment from the “Dino Love” set,
- I finished my card off by adding the three hearts which I colored with copics also from the Dino Love set.
I hope you have had a chance to check out the other projects on the blog from the other design team members. They are a talented group and there have been some awesome projects featured.
Please follow Joy Clair's facebook page, Color by Faith Bible Journaling facebook page, Instagram and Twitter, be the first to hear the news, sales and giveaways! They also have a Pinterest page and Youtube channel for your inspiration!
Thank you for stopping by, please come back again soon!