Hello crafty friends, Martha Lucia here to share with you two wonderful projects for this holidays using the stamp sets A Child is born and Give Thanks.
A Child is born is a new stamp set from Joy Clair Stamps. It is very special and significant to us. Their images can be used for cards but, as it is part of our Color by Faith collection, I decided to use it today on a bible journaling page. Take a look at my page:
Step by step I am adding more color to my pages, today I used distress inks and markers to create the color effects but let me tell you how I made this:
- Stamp the images from the stamp set A Child is Born by Joy Clair using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
- I applied the picked raspberry distress ink using a blending tool around the left side of the Virgin Mary.
- I applied the fossilized distress ink over the sentiment using a blending tool.
- I re-wrote the text using a black and apple green marker.
- I applied the broken china distress ink over the cloak of the Virgin Mary and then accented the colors with different shades of blue markers.
- I colored the dress of the Virgin with markers
- I reinforced the color borders of the page with the twisted citron distress ink.
My second project is a card that I made using the stamp set Give Thanks for thanksgiving. I know these are not traditional colors for Thanksgiving but these papers are totally gorgeous and we can always add our touch. Take a look at my card:
To create this card I used the Winter Bliss 102 paper from Quick Quotes Scrapbook company, and for the entire layer I used the white and pink polka dot side and for the central decoration I used the pink side. I cut the pink side with a decorated die cut from Gina Marie Designs and I stamped a Give Thanks sentiment from the stamp set Give Thanks by Joy Clair on the upper part of it using Midnight Confession PowderPuff Chalk Ink. I used the Misti to stamp the sentiment twice and have a very dark image of my stamp. I pasted this layer with dimensionals on the center and the upper part of the card.
To decorate the card, I cut different leaves using the green side of Earth Wind Fire 107 paper and Chiffon 104 paper also from Quick Quotes. I pasted these on the left corner of the pink die cut and secured them with a big Wisteria Wonder Flower. I added some small Mother of Pearls from Want 2 Scrap as a final touch to give a romantic touch to my card.
During this month all the stamp sets released in November on Joy Clair have a special price and you can find these HERE. You can also participate in a wonderful challenge that we offer every month using a color and/or image for your inspiration. You can find all the details for the challenge HERE and the best part is that you can be one of the lucky winners of our special events. And if you are a social media person, come and join us in our facebook group Joy Clair Stamp Projects or Color by Faith Bible Journaling Group. In these groups you can share and learn more about the Joy Clair products and about A Child is Born Stamp Set.
Thank you for stopping by and see you soon!